Fraud Defense Lawyer in Fullerton
Fiercely Defending Clients Accused of Fraud
Since California takes fraud accusations of any sort seriously, some can be filed automatically as a felony offense. In fact, some fraud charges are considered federal crimes that be taken to a federal court for trial and conclusion. No matter the type of fraud charge you are facing or where it will be handled, The Law Office of Jacqueline Goodman is uniquely qualified to defend your rights and present a strong case against the prosecution.
Attorney Jacqueline Goodman is capable of arguing cases before the United States Supreme Court. If your fraud case climbs the courts through appeals, she can represent you each step along the way. There are very few criminal defense lawyers in Orange County or even all of California who can make the same claim.
Trust an expert in criminal law for your fraud case. Call (866) 294-8952.
Common Types of Fraud Charges
Some of the most common forms of fraud in Fullerton are:
- Auto insurance fraud: This often occurs when someone fakes an accident or lies about the value of their claim so they can get more benefits than they would normally get through their insurance policy.
- Health insurance fraud: Anyone from doctors and hospital management staff to pharmacists can be involved in health insurance fraud. Offenses can include overcharging for medical services, receiving kickbacks for specific prescriptions, or violating California's Medi-Cal laws.
- Unemployment fraud: You are never allowed to attempt to increase, reduce, or deny unemployment benefits. This includes collecting benefits in more than one state or intentionally lying about why an employee was terminated. This can also involve workers' compensation fraud or welfare fraud.
- Check and credit card fraud: Any time you make, use, or possess a check with the intent to defraud the payee, you could be charged with check fraud based on California’s white collar crime laws. Credit card fraud generally occurs when someone fraudulently uses another person's credit or debit card, such as after stealing it.
- Real estate and mortgage fraud: One of the most frequently prosecuted types of fraud in the larger metropolitan areas of California is foreclosure fraud, which is illegal property flipping and rent-skimming. Inflating rent prices without a valid reason can also constitute real estate fraud.
- Securities fraud: This involves tricking or coercing investors to make decisions on fake information for your own gain. It is often referred to as stock fraud or investment fraud, and it can involve altering financial statements to encourage investment or lying about a company's value.
Penalties for Fraud Convictions in Fullerton
Fraud offenses will typically result in professional license suspension or revocation, fines, and jail time. A California court may also consider fraud to be a crime of moral turpitude. Lawful permanent residents living in California can be targeted for deportation if they are convicted of a “crime of moral turpitude” like fraud!
To protect your rights and your future with confidence, it is critical that you choose to work with Attorney Jacqueline Goodman. When so much is on the line, would you really trust anyone else with your case?
Start with a free initial consultation to learn more about your legal options.