California DUI Process
Trusted DUI Attorney in Orange County, CA
Having a clear understanding of the stages in a
DUI case can be to your benefit if you have been arrested by relieving you of some
of the uncertainty. For anyone charged with DUI, our Orange County criminal
defense lawyer provides the competent and aggressive defense needed to
avoid a conviction and pursue the best resolution possible.
Law Offices of Jacqueline Goodman, our lead attorney has been committed to practicing solely
criminal law for over 20 years. In this time, Attorney Goodman has earned a perfect
10.0 score from Avvo, testifying to her professional conduct and consistent
successes in defending the rights of the accused.
How does the process unfold?
Many steps are involved in the DUI process, beginning with an arrest and
culminating in either a dismissal, acquittal, reduction of the charges,
or a conviction.
The stages involved include:
- The police officer arrests you for DUI based, in theory, on probable cause
- You will be booked where pertinent information is recorded and a report
is filed of the crime
- Bail will be set with the understanding that you promise to appear at future
- You will appear at your arraignment to plead guilty, not guilty, or no
contest to your charges
- Judges determine if a trial is warranted during a preliminary hearing for
- The defense and prosecution introduce motions during pre-trial motions
- Trial takes place if you plead not guilty and no plea bargain is reached
and evidence is presented
- If you are found guilty by judge or jury or are convicted by plea bargain,
punishment will be determined during sentencing phase
One of the first things to happen after a DUI arrest is your driver's
license will be confiscated by the officer who will give you a temporary
permit. Within 10 days of your arrest, you will need to contact the DMV to
schedule a hearing to request a stay on your license suspension.
Trust Our Defense Firm to Uphold Your Rights
Our Orange County DUI attorney can represent you during this hearing and
argue your stop was unwarranted. The Law Offices of Jacqueline Goodman
is prepared to contest any part of your DUI charge to obtain the most
favorable outcome. We have the
track record and dedication you need when facing the harsh penalties of a DUI conviction.
You have rights that need protecting.
Schedule your free consultation today—(888) 849-7652!